Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet Lulabelle!


This is my monster for week 3 of the willowing class. I named her Lulabelle- not sure why- the name just jumped at me.

One thing I liked about this is that it is all made from stuff I had here. All recycled! Buttons, fabric, ribbon, felt - all part of my stash. Glad it came in handy for something :) Even the stuffing! I actually had no polyfil and I wanted her done NOW. So I took a flat pillow and gutted it! hehe.




This is a detail of her tummy. I am so psyched that my simple machine even did these stitches! The heart is an embossed velvet upholstery fabric.

It was nice to be at a sewing machine again.


5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love it! I like the zipper mouth. I didn't have a zipper and didn't want to go buy one. I am making more-how about you? Good luck on your job interview!

Socrates said...

She's just too cute! Great job. Good luck on the interview. Of course, you'll get it.

Lisa said...

Awww. Lulabelle is adorable!! I like the fabric you used, especially since you had it all around. Good luck on your interview. If it was meant to be, you'll get it.

Arlene said...

She is truly adorable! I haven't done one yet, but I will. It's great that you were able to use all materials you had around. OMG - even ripping the stuffing out of an old pillow! How resourceful!

Kim Mailhot said...

Love her ! She is a sweet little monsta !
Good luck with the job interview, Shiny One !